Five reasons migration is a feminist issue
Five reasons migration is a feminist issue:
- Approximately half of migrants are women and girls.
- Migrant women confront significant threats, including sexual exploitation, human trafficking, and violence.
- Women migrants face double discrimination – as women and as migrants.
- Pregnancy is another issue for women on the move.
- Women and girls are more likely to have health issues — both in transit and at their final destinations.
Read the full article here 👇